“Personal Information” means any information that can directly or indirectly identify you or another person.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect the following Personal Information:
• Your name and contact details.
• Your purchase and account history with us.
• Information about your use of our Products or Services.
• Information about the webpages you visit on our Website.
• Information you provide to us when responding to our customer surveys.
• Any other information you give us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information:
• From you directly (like when you provide your details to us).
• From you indirectly (like when you use our Services, visit our Website or interact with us on various platforms).
• From third parties (like contractors and agents that we engage to perform services on our behalf, such as to analyse traffic on our Website and social media).
• From places where the information is publicly available.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We use and disclose your Personal information:
• To provide you with our Products or Services
• To respond to your queries regarding the Website, our Products or Services.
• To administer your account with us.
• To bill you and to collect money that you owe us.
• To operate and maintain our Website.
• For our internal record keeping purposes.
• To facilitate the sale or other disposition of our business or assets.
• To comply with our legal obligations.
• For any other purposes that you authorise.
HOW WE SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE NEW ZEALAND
From time to time, we may disclose, and you authorise us to disclose, your Personal Information to an overseas service provider for the above purposes. We make sure that the overseas service provider is:
• a participant in a prescribed binding scheme for international disclosures of personal information; and/or
• is located in a country that provides comparable safeguards to New Zealand’s privacy laws, approved by the Privacy Commissioner.
If not, then we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas service provider is required to protect your Personal Information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those required under New Zealand’s privacy laws.
Examples of these steps include a written agreement between us and the overseas service provider or making reasonable enquiries regarding data protection standards of the country in which the overseas service provider is located.